Charité Mental Health – An integrative research and clinical platform for mental health at the Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin
Mental disorders are among the most common and most serious health conditions worldwide. Charité Mental Health interconnects the research efforts in the field of mental disorders at the Charité and its cooperation partners, e.g., the Max Delbrück Center (MDC), the Free University of Berlin, the Humboldt University of Berlin, the University of Potsdam and the Max Planck UCL Centre for Computational Psychiatry and Ageing Research, creating optimal conditions for collaborative studies.
Charité Mental Health
- enables the participating hospitals and institutes of the Charité to join forces, share resources and deepen or extend collaboration networks
- strengthens existing Charité expertise to improve the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders and to improve mental health of the general population
- actively opposes and acts against stigmatization of persons with mental health problems
What characterizes Charité Mental Health?
Charité Mental Health interconnects and fosters research efforts in the mental health field at the Charité and its cooperation partners. The platform is built on an excellent research infrastructure and backed by world-leading expertise in common but also rare mental disorders.
Research, teaching and patient care go hand in hand at Charité Mental Health. The participating hospitals and institutes combine their expertise for improved prevention, diagnosis and therapy of mental disorders. The Charité Mental Health platform is characterized by tight cooperation of all psychological and psychiatric hospitals and institutes at the Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin:
- University Hospital and Outpatient Clinic for Psychiatry and Psychotherapy - Campus Benjamin Franklin (CBF)
- University Hospital for Psychiatry and Psychotherapy - Campus Charité Mitte (CCM)
- University Hospital with focus on Psychosomatics - Campus Benjamin Franklin (CBF)
- University Hospital for Psychiatry, Psychosomatics and Psychiatry of Childhood and Adolescence - Campus Virchow Clinic (CVK)
- Institute for Medical Psychology Campus Charité Mitte (CCM)
- Institute for Medical Sociology and Rehabilitation Science - Campus Charité Mitte (CCM)
The AG Cellular Neuroscience at the Max Delbrück Center (MDC) brings additional expertise to the platform.
Further associated research institutions are as follows:
Free University of Berlin:
- Division of Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy
- Division of Clinical Psychological Intervention
- Research Group for Neurobiological mechanisms of therapeutic interventions
Humboldt University of Berlin:
The participating clinics and institutes thus enable an extraordinary pooling of expertise in the field of research on mental disorders.
Who benefits from Charité Mental Health?
Patients, scientists and external stakeholders from politics, business and society use this platform as source of information and hub for networking. Towards these ends, scientific events are held for internal exchange of thought and for the public on a regular basis. Close links are continuously maintained with a variety of associations and stakeholder groups.